Sunday 2 April 2023

Notes updated to 30.03.2023

The notes, updated to include my lecture on 30.03.2023, have now been uploaded to the shared folder. I apologise for the delay.

There is a small change in the notes compared to the lecture. I realised that the entire compactness proof for the space of curves from P to Q can be stated in terms of sequential compactness, which involves convergence of sequences and convergence curves, without separately mentioning limit points or limit-point compactness. So I have re-stated everything in terms of sequential compactness. This makes it a little shorter, and I hope also clearer.

As I mentioned once before, I often make changes to earlier parts of the notes as well, and indeed I added a few points here and there -- including the references that I'm using so far. So you may find it useful to go through the notes from the beginning. I also have a plan to make the figures a little more elegant using some software, but as of now I can't guarantee this will happen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes updated to 28.04.2023

The notes have been updated to include the last and final lecture. Thanks to all who participated, either live or by going through the video...